<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, May 23, 2004

j0! Im back again! :) didja miss me?

I keep on wanting to blog, but then by the time i get to a computer where i am able to, i cant remember what i wanted to blog. damn thats annoying.

SO heres just some random thoughts in my head and issues of the day.

Favorite song of the moment: 'Slice of Heaven' by Dave Dobbyn

Special moment of the day: Today my sunday school kids (i teach sunday school to grades Preschool-2) sang for the commemoration of the hall. They didnt sing beautifully, they sang like kids, they sang loud and proud.. i was so proud of them. sometimes they can be real brats, but other times like this they can just totally shock you.
They followed me all the way up to the church (from the kindy) in a line and we played follow the leader. I love those guys! And today i really enjoyed teaching sunday school! ^_^

Random issues: The last situation i talked about has progressed, and has taken on extra dimensions. dont they all! :P. But i dont feel like going into that now! suffice it to say that Friday night was not the most pleasant night ive had.

I was invited over to say hi to this chick, (my friend's girlfriend), cause she had come Up from the Gold Coast for the night. When I got there there was her, my ex, a friend from uni and two other chicks who i hadn't met before.
We were talking along when one of the chicks started having what looked like a fit of some kind, she was screaming and really disorientated.
Aaaanyway, to cut a long story short, after much panic/bad moments/ringing 000, i found out that these guys had been eatin Hash Cookies that one of them bought from Nimbin the other day.
as they say in comics: "Hi-Jinks ensued".
I dont mean to take it lightly, but i dont think ill go any further into that.

Why do people do drugs? I was pretty dissapointed, but i was more concerened about them all. they were really freaking out that night, and i wouldnt wish that on anyone, let alone my friends.
Im not some sort of high and mighty religious type nut. I am just worried about my friends. i dont judge, thats one of my main guidelines.

Im glad that it all ended safely for everyone. but i just hope that there wont be a next time. they need to look after themselves, and to realise that while drugs can be fun, and help you escape, they also have a darker side, and are very unpredictable.

I try to be a 'light in the darkness'. I dont force my beliefs on anyone, just live the way i believe is right, and hope that they will see for themselves the right way.
I just despair sometimes because in today's society you cant say 'drugs are bad' or 'homosexuality is a sin' without being labled a religious nut, or some kind of fundamentalist.

(oh, just a side note for that comment on homosexuality. I have gay friends, i have lesbian friends. I treat them the same way i treate any of my hetero friends. I just do not approve of their lifestyle, and I dont hide that. But i love them as friends because they are! love the sinner, hate the sin.
Homosexuality is a sin, and so is eating too much. we all sin, we are all as bad as the next person. Im not homophobic, i just stand up for what i believe.)

woah.. enough blogging for a while! im going to do my ancient history assignment! :D

L8r Sk8rs!



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?