<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, May 29, 2004

Where to start? good question. Quiet you! ;)

Well lets start here shall we?
I confirmed today that one of my mates broke up with his girlfriend of 3 years. Its not cool when stuff like this happens.
The thing im really unhappy about here is that I wasnt there for him when it happened. It was Wednesday night, Origin night, and he had invited me over to watch with him and his flatmate.
I didnt go because I was going to another mates house to watch, after which we had to have a meeting about CLW.
we didnt end up having the meeting, and i wasnt there for him. i think ive let him down big time. He has some major problems in life, and he's coping the best he can. I want to be there for him, but I just feel so run down at the moment. too much work, too many assignments.. always doing something.
What can you do?

Next thing.

The other day at University (when i was making a short visit to drop off my assignment) I was talking to one of my mates from Music. this chick walked up to us and joined the convo (apparently they knew each other). Aaanyway, the topic of convo turned to names. and baby names! (dont ask, im not sure how either! :D) And I mentioned that if I had a daughter I'd like to call her Seraphim (Sera/Sara for short).
They looked quizzical, so I said. "You know, Seraphim is the highest kind of angel Seraphim/Cherubim/Arch-angel/Angel" (we say that in the traditional service every week. i looked it up once, apparently there are only four Seraphs (or six? i cant remember) and they guard the throne of God. I think the reference is in the book of Daniel somewhere!
AAANyway, back on topic, this chick, who i had never met before, asked me "Are you religious then?"
and i... i hesitated to my utmost shame, i said "Well (look down at floor) er...Yes! Yes I am."
I tried to figure out why i was so ashamed to say it then! :( I mean, usually im very upfront about it. I often wear a WWJD band, and dont hide the fact that I'm a Christian, but i think its the way she phrased it. 'are you RELIGIOUS'.
That word seems (to me) to have some bad connotations behind it. I guess i should have replied "Yes I'm a Christian". but my brain was several steps behind.

What does someone think about this. was i being ashamed of God? i sure hope not :(


Last thing:
Doing the story of the Tower of Babel tomorrow for my Kids in Sunday School. Its an interesting story for me too, especially from my 'would be historian' view.
I remembered the story that it was just everyones language he changed. and that left some questions for me recentley.
"If God made all languages there, what about people in Africa? are they from the mediterranian too? what about the Asian countries?"

Ive just notices tonight that in my NIV it also says "so the Lord scattered them from there all over the earth."
Aaanyway, to cut a long blog short, it raises all sorts of interesting questions about the origin of the races, in relation to history. which i swear i will get into later. i think i might make a masters thesis kinda thing out of the topic: "Christianity and History" :)

Just one more verse of note here, that may seem a little weird, but i like it:

"But the Lord came down to see the city and the tower that the men were building. The Lord said, "If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them."

Kinda gives you a warm fuzzy (but then of course the languages were scattered.) do you reckon humanity can ever again work fully as one?



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?