<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, June 20, 2004

Greetings True Believers! (I cant believe i said that! Im turning into a Fanboy! ^_^)

Philotas reporting in here, live from panic central where there are preperations underway for a long night of Cramming for an Ancient History Exam tomorrow morning!
But moving to the important stuff!

I briefly watched a segment of 60 minutes tonight, talking about the heir to the Johnson&Johnsons fortune (you know, the band-aid guys! ^_^). He has inherited a whole heap of money and wealth, and was disturbed by this. He made a movie called 'Born Rich'. A documentary in which he interviewed several other heirs and heiresses, and explored the ups and downs of inherited wealth. heres theLink

THis got me thinking. What would I do if i was in that situation. I mean, i probably never will be, but would that sort of money change me? and what would it mean?

If I was a multi-millionaire, with the personal fortunes of these guys it would mean i could experience things i will never experience as an average wage-earner. I could fly to different countries and experience their cultures, i could devote myself to learning everything i could, safe in the knowledge that I didnt have to worry about what i would do to earn money.

I think I would keep my Jobs. I like them. money is not the object here, its the experience, character and relationships that those jobs help develop. I have a view that, if you are not working (or actively doing some sort of community service) than this is a very selfish outlook on life. People should work becuase it benefits society.

If I was a multi-millionaire, just think of what good i could do with the money! I could set up homeless shelters for the people in the city, I could help our church fund our Hall project, THink of the outreach possibilities! DId you know that even if you simply put the money in the bank, you could earn an above average wage off the interest, AND still out of that interest, afford to give away thousands of dollars a week!

But money complicates things doesnt it. Just think of what happened if you won 1mil in the lotto. What would you do with it? A lot of people would buy new cars, maybe a new house. invest a lot...
I dont see the need to buy an expensive new car or new house if the one you have at the moment still is usable. I dont know what id do with 1mil. probably invest quite a bit, give some money to charities/church, and maybe see what i can do about starting my own business or something! some way to help society as well.

What does everyone think about this sorta stuff.. money.. tis a complicated thing!

THis rant is really random isnt it. Yep. Sure is.

But meh! im in exam mode! help help help! Good luck to allll students out there! WE CAN DO IT! FIGHT THE POWER!



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?