<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, June 07, 2004

I have procrastination down to a fine art!

ok, so half way through an assignment here due tomorrow (today) :P. I thought thats a good a time as any to blog my thoughts for the day.

Oh and Ive been thinkin! :) (i think? or is musing the more proper term.. maybe pondering? anyway, i digress)

My first 'thought' for today is that about the different subcultures within this huge monster we call society.
Here is a list of all the subcultures I consider myself a member of:

Geek, Bloke, Collector, Christian, Lutheran, Musician, Teacher, Historian, Uni student, Arts student, Videostore guy, Comicstore guy, Gym-goer, Writer, Gamer (3Y3 4|\/| 1337. PH34|2 |\/|3), Youth leader, Chocaholic, Fanboy,

Im sure ive left stuff out! :P
What Subcultures do you guys classify yourselves as?

I think its funny (funny weird, not ha ha obviously! :D) that there are so many different cultures you can be a part of today. Each one of them carrying their own dialect and way of life. I wish sometimes i could seperate myself into about 100 different parts (either that or get unlimited replays at the end of each life ^_^) so i could experience the huge variety that society offers. But alas, i cannot. I think though that i can make a damn good attempt at it though! because, as I said, who needs sleep. (did i say that? or did i dream it? meh. It doesnt matter which one. Either way, your planet is doomed. DOOMED!)

The Second thing. Tonight we had our bi monthly (twice monthly? bi weekly? im trying to say twice a month! :P) Youth service... dude, the speaker there (a minister from another church this week) was so cool. He talked about 'Jesus at the Fair' Introducing Jesus into the subculture of spiritualism, he told us all about how they go to the psychic fairs and spread the Word there! so cool, he was explaining the origins of stuff like Tarot, and how they used that sort of stuff as a bridge to Christianity. (dont automatically scoff - take time to listen.) If you want to you can actually download the sermons, and trust me, this guy is cool. He has inspired me. thus...

I am going to be making a change in my life's direction. I love my history... I kind of like the idea of teaching, and i kind of like the idea of teaching music. But tonight, as he was talkign about his work, i just felt something deep inside. (and no, it wasnt last night's curry) I just felt as though this was it. There was something here that I felt I was suited perfectly for.
Ive grabbed his contact details, and am going to some seminar he's talkin at later in the year. I am also going to take some extra courses at Uni about Christianity/Mysticism/Counselling/ etc... I feel a call.. im not sure for what yet, but im going with this feeling, to the general direction, praying that God will light the way for me before i get there! ^_^
so.. is this the end of teacher Philotas? stay tuned for the next exciting episode!

Same Phil Time, Same Phil Channel!
nanananananananana...(fade out)


Oh.. and you can download the sermons at this site: SNL



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?