<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, July 24, 2004

My (VERY INTERESTING) day!
By SAM - narrated mainly in the 1st person! :)

Well, here I am again. tis 10 to midnight! and time for another post methinks! First shout out to all the Kiwis over there across the waves! how is yas? THere would be merriment tonight among some NZer households.. THe Kiwis just scraped in a victory over South Africa tonight so I read! (not that it matters anymore *holds back tears*)

Today was a biggie. And I knew from the start it was going to be interesting! :P The start being when the big boss rings my home at 6:40am, and asks why i hadnt opened the store 10 minutes ago! o_0 So, after breaking the sound barrier racing off to work late, I arrive 10 minutes later to open the store, bedraggled, a very 'bad hair day' do, (no shower :P), and half asleep.
Why is this? how could i not wake up? Ill let ya know! :) Because unbeknownst to the poor Aussie Maniac here, Last night during a youth Bike/Blade ride around the Kangaroo point cliffs, my watch stopped. Thus, no watch? no alarm = awkward start to day.

Anyway, moving along, working until 10am, when my relief comes. Now, I had especially begged the next staff member to come in 1 1/2 hours earlier than usual (i usually work 6:30-11:30 on Saturdays) Because I had to get to my other job in the city by 11am. Fair enough. very good of her, shes right on time, so i run out to the car, and prepare to drive in! :)
except...hang on a second.. no, maybe in that pocket... no.. that pocket? no. .......
i couldnt have... no. Im not that... but... No. surely not. Oh. Bugger.
Yep, you guessed it! I vote for myself as 'munt' (tm Kiwi term) of the day! I had locked my keys in the car! Go team Sam. :P But its all good, im right near a bus stop! no worries mate! She'll be right.

(run run run) At bus stop. Bus is due in ten minutes. great! plenty of time to get into the city. never mind that im wearing my Civic Video shirt, and dont have my hair presentable and dont have the keys to close the store! as long as i get there on time! :)

ten minutes later

hmm.. no bus. oh well, must be running a little late.

ten minutes MORE later

starting to get a little worried..

five minutes after that.

Oh GREAT! finally! :) i can see the bus! ok, stick out hand to signal.. gee, all these other people at the stop with me look glad too!
hmm hmm hmm... signalling... bus...isnt slowing down.. bus is keeping to the middle of the road... bus is PASSING ME! ARGH!
driver had signalled that the bus was full.. great.... just peachy! hmm.. i guess ill just wait till next bus comes.. cant be lo...HALF AN HOUR? ITS ALREADY 10:40! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

40 minutes and a migraine later

ok, made apologetic call to boss... bus not here... could have earned another hours wage if i had stayed this long at work... transport system must die....slowly...with much weeping and gnashing of teeth.
*insert music of Hallelujah Chorus here!*
YAY! AT LAST! BUS! AND IT STOPS AND I.. need to pay full fare because my Student ID is in my car, which i am locked out of..

Ok, so i gets on the bus and gets to work finally :) work a decent bit at the comic book store, and then at 4pm, bus it back to civic video, to work the second shift (split shift) of the day! 5pm-9pm :) finished without incident! :D Was going to go out clubbing tonight with a mate, but he piked. said was too tired. :P so home it is!

ANd that was my day! :) glorious day. so, in summary, basically worked from 6:30-9pm. wow. that was easy!
oh. to cheer myself up tongiht, i made myself some nachos. :) a very guilty pleasure! how fatty! ARGH! and i havent been to gym for 3 days! ARGH! i can feel the fat growing now! :P Oh well, i think i deserved it. I didnt get narcy or cranky at anyone ALLLL day, even though it wasnt the best of days! Always keep a smile on your face i reckon! Besides.. apart from the chilly temperature and cloud cover.. at least it didnt rain! :D

S.A.M



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?