<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, July 21, 2004

"Why Philotas?"

Before I begin I would love to send out a huge Kudos and Thank you and 'I-am-your-humble-slave' to Nathan! :) Thanks for the G-mail account mate! I owe ya! :)

BUt, onto tonights topic! :D
So, ive been having difficulties lately distinguishing between my many aliases on the net. and i decided to put that to a rest, or at least let you guys know my real name so you dont start thinking My name is Phil! :)

I chose the Name Philotas because of the connotations or implications built up around that character. Philotas was a personal friend of Alexander the Great, a son of his great general Parmenio, and a commander of one of the most feared horse battalions under Alex.
But it all went sour. now there are several theories as to why, but suffice it to say, Philotas was executed, along with his father for conspiring to kill Alex. there are lots of innaccuracies/bias/hearsay here, so its all open for conspiracy theorists to look at. The bare truth, did Philotas plot to kill Alex? we dont know, no one does. theres no firm evidence


When i decided to start up a blog, i decided to make an entirely new alias for myself, because the others i have can, in some small way, be traced back through the web to who i was, and i didnt want my Aussie mates to find out about this Blog.
Philotas - a misunderstood (or little known about) character, who rubbed shoulders with the greats, but ultimately met up with an untimely end! I can identify with that!
(er..except for the untimely end part.. you know, otherwise id be writing this post-humously, and they tell me that its hard to type after rictor mortis sets in. [Thats saying nothing against our 'living impared' brothers, whom i have the highest resepect for, and would ask please not to eat my brains.])

Anyway, that having been said, im gonna leap out and tell you that my real name is!!... Joey Joe Joe Shabadoo!.. no, just kidding! :)

My name is SAM. pleased to meet you everyone! :D



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?