<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, August 15, 2004

"A Gripe, and some Goals"


*sighs of discontent*

or is that malcontent? uncontent? no, i think ill stick with Discontent! :D well, here I am back from the Jetboats! and twas a good day, there was this one massive stack, when a boat tumbled 3 times in the water, hit the main bank, went soaring 3m in the air, flipping totally over, and landed right side up, splitting the fibreglass hull! but aside from that, it was a relatively calm meet!

The discontented sighs is me worrying about the situation brewing in my home church, especially between my two fellow youth leaders and the current pastor. We have a youth night this Friday. I had this idea, that if we make a video for church, and plan a service, then we can get kids into coming to church, and combining this with another thing, we are also fliming Kindy parents, and hopefully getting them to come to church as well! :) BUT the problem is that the strained relationship is there between the Pastor and the other youth leaders (theyre married, and its a long story! :P) and the Pastor has decided to come on Friday to our Youth night to see what we're planning. Im cool with this, but the others arent. and i think that wether conciously or subconsciously, this video is going to be turned into a propaganda piece against the pastor. this is SO not cool. and the opposite of what i had planned out. I want to bring the church together, but this may splinter it even more.
Argh. why are Christian people so stubborn sometimes? My Dad is friends with and supports the Pastor, and he sees me hanging out and listening to what my friends (my fellow youth leaders) are saying, and takes this to mean im trying to bring pastor down. whereas, when i talk to my fellow youth leaders, they see me trying to support pastor, and putting what they say down. no matter what i do im gonna be the evil one! :P This situation Sucks. Very unsettling, and sad. 'Nuff said! moving on!

I have decided that i am drifting too much, and therfore i need to set some goals down in concrete, both short term and long term, and what i am doing to accomplish them! (gee, now i sound all 'pro-active' and 'self actuated!' :P)

1. Grow closer to, and get to know God more - because he is the only thing that matters in the end! - Church,SNL,Small Group, Prayer, studies, Read Bible, Speak with CHristian friends. We never stop learning. I feel like whatever i should end up doing as a profession, that unless it is for the glory of God, i wont enjoy it, and in the end its not worthwhile!

2. Gain 5-10k of muscle. this is a mid range goal. its gonna take a while, but it needs to be done. why? because the ladies love it! ;) No, but seriously, i guess self-respect will be helped, and yeh! twill get my Parents off my back (you're looking skinny!) therefore, going to gym at least 3 times a week, no excuses! :)

3. Travel Overseas. - End of Year - NZ, 2006/7? Europe/Mid East. to that end, ive already started saving! ^_^

4. earn over 15,999 in an 18 month period, thereby making me independant, then claiming AUSTUDY (3000 more dollars to earn in 5 months!)

5. Write My Trilogy - A bit stunted atm, but i have written a few pages. i have an outline of where i want it to go, but have decided on a new tactic. will write full biographies of each character so i can understand them better! :) slow process, time is precious!

6. Compose Music - I have an idea for a Symphony, and im sure i have several worship songs in me somewhere! A long term goal! :)

7. Get Married, Raise a family - long term. not exactly working on this one yet! ^_^

8. Get AMus in Piano, and possibly Viola as well. next March, doing Grade 8 AMus, so hopefully get AMus for Piano in 2006/7?


Thats all i can think of at the moment. Im sure ill add more on as time goes by! :P

THe thing im a tad concerned about is that my long term goals dont include being a teacher. hmm... ill post about my lack of passion for this very soon! :) but enough for tonight! i have much to do, and also must fit sleep in somewhere! :D hope the Ball went well!

SAM ^_^



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?