<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, September 20, 2004

ARGH! SUPID FAT HOBBITSES! I had a massive post here and Blogger ate it. urge to kill...rising! Ok, so first ill RETYPE THE WHOLE THING! ooh.. the rage....

So! what i was going to post before!: I have been incredibly busy the last few days, and woah! its six days since my last post! unfortunately of late i have been so busy that i find myself actually sleeping when i should be blogging and procrastinating! Unfortunately this leaves me a lot of info to post about and only one post to do it in! so, for the benefit of those who hate long posts i will now give you time to surf to another site! go on! ..... ok. thats long enough! and now for those of you who stayed, grab a drink, some popcorn and/or chocolate, and a pillow and prepare to experience: FIVE DAYS IN THE LIFE OF SOME AUSSIE MANIAC (now with Subheadings for your reading pleasure!)

PHONE
Sadly, after many years of faithful service, my old Nokia 3310 - replete in it's funky Star Wars case bought in Sydney - has been put out to pasture. In its place, is: A BRAND NEW CA..er PHONE! A beeeeyuuuutiful Nokia 6230. It is sooo cool. It can take photos, it can take sounds, (i can record my own ring and message tones!) it can make movies WITH sound. It has some R0XX0r games on it, and has all the usual bells and whistles, including reminders/alarms etc and a full wall calendar! It also allows me to keep THOUSANDS of SMS. Atm i am up to 51. thats not including all the messages Ive sent, which it automatically saves! Oh, and you can also use it to call people! ^_^
But, i had to sell my soul to Nokia to get it! :P 24 month contract. 45 dollars a month, and this includes call charges. so if i dont use the 45 dollars, it gets rolled over to the next month! :D
Oh and, today i went out and purchased the USB enhancement! thus, all of the movies, pictures and everything can now (and are) be transferred to my computer, and from computer to here! :D While they arent as good quality as a digital camera, they are still pretty darn good! So! Welcome to the updated version of Philotas Procrastinates! Now With Purty Pictures! ;)


INSPIRATION
A few posts back i mentioned how i was losing my passion for music, well, things have now changed! On Thursday last week, I was invited to go to the Opera, Mozart's "Magic Flute" along with my Brother's Music class. So i went and watched. Now, the opera might have no plot whatsoever, and the music isnt anything to write home about, but all the while i sat there remembering how much i had loved being a member of an orchestra. Being part of making music. And how in grade 12 I was a lead role in the School musical, and how i enjoyed singing in that and all the choirs i had been in. I also realised that I had not been involved in a Choir or Orchestra for almost 2 years, and I missed it.
Another realisation was with my listening habits. All the music I had been listening to recentley had been all modern stuff. Like Rock, Ska, Punk, Techno, Pop, Weird Al, Tom Lehrer etc... So I changed the channel, and.. Oh mate.
I love Art Music. It is absolutely incredible. Not like the 2 or 3 minute soundbites that are proliferate today. Now Im not saying that this music is bad, or that its' creators aren't talented. But When compared with art music...
In Art music there is no need for lyrics. The music emulates feelings and primal desires within us all. The twist and flow of the music and the different instruments used each evoke different moods. The rising then plummeting melody lines, the beautiful harmonies.. and most importantly, the mounting tension then joyous release of the resolutions. Is.. undescribable.
As a Music scholar as well, i can choose to appreciate it passively, just sitting back and enjoying the sounds, or i can take an active role and work out the chord and key progressions, the stylistic features, i can predict where it can go. And try to guess a possible composer. Art Music has the power to transport me like no other music can.
I AM A MUSO. I have been since grade 1. i will NOT give this up. Everyone needs to experience the joys of art music in their lives.


WEDDING
There were two main events that happened on the Weekend! The First was a joyous occasion! A Wedding of two of my friends, Janice and Jono! :D Janice is yet another sister of my best friend (he has 4), and Jono ive known for a while now through church and other stuff! He is the lead singer for the Ska/punk Christian band "Half Way Out", and is also a Man. Arts TEacher at Trinity Lutheran! he is involved in a heap of other stuff to. very nice bloke. His Dad is a Pastor, and so is his Brother, who actually officiated at the wedding ceremony! ^_^ And, here, direct from my camera are some pictures of the ceremony and the reception!





Pre-Wedding. The Groom and his men are waiting at the front of the Chapel. See the Cross Mike! ^_^





The Reception Place, sans people sitting down!





The Wedding Cake, made by the Groom's Mum! mmm..icing...





A Close up of the set tables! very nice touch with the boxes of Chocolate there!





Rawr! The Brides Fair Maidens! Kerryn, Nicole and Christie, all sisters!





And Last but not least, the happy couple! situated on the 'King and Queen of Hearts' chairs that The Groom made for a musical!




SUPANOVA
The Second big event of the Weekend was SUPANOVA! now im not sure if ive written any of this before, but SUPANOVA is a 'pop culture expo' that is in its' second year in Brisbane. So, every year, around this time all the geeks, fanboys/girls and Other Otaku come out of their holes and from under various rocks (;)) and converge here! At the RNA showgrounds on September 18th and 19th! It has Manga, it has Comics, it has Scifi. It has Dance Dance Revolution competitions, there are cards, and there are computer game stalls. There are also numerous special guests! including Sean Astin (Samwise) John Rhys-Davies (Gimli) and John Noble (Denethor, Mad Steward of Gondor) from LOTR! as well as several voice actors, and other Sci-fi/fantasy actors. There are also comic book writers/artists!
the best part? I GOT PAID TO GO HERE!
But let me tell you, there are some VERY scary people in there! VERY VERY freaky. I mean, here i was thinking i was a huge geek, but compared to some of those guys and girls.... *violent shudder*
I got to meet Both Stuart Immonen (Cool artist of a lot of excellent comics and a fellow (Canadian) 1/2 Finn!) and David Finch! (Also a cool artist of some very cool comics, including AVENGERS). David Finch gave me an autograph on my copy of Avengers 500 directors cut and also drew me a signed portrait of THOR! :D how very very cool! I was so stoked i couldnt stop smiling for at least 10 minutes!

Anyway! Here is some pictures from this very very cool Convention!





Tony, Manager of the Daily Planet posing for me at our Stand at SUPANOVA





The Guy in the Orange shirt is Stuart Immonen, very busily signing and drawing for his admirers at our stand!





and this is another angle of our stand, obscured by Laura's Butt! ;) lol. she'd kill me if she ever saw this photo!




And thats the marathon over for today kiddies!
I could type more but since ive already typed this out twice, i think ill let it go! and ill let you go too! remember to Visit back soon!
This is SAM!

PEACE OUT!





Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?