<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, January 22, 2005

The Philotas Show Episode 73

Change is a part of life...or, how to bugger up your routine!




In 2 hours I leave for the Sunshine coast until Tuesday (when i have to come back to work and rehearse with Orchestra but thats a whole nother kettle of sea cucumber). It's my dad's 50th on Monday so that will be fun! going to the Sunshine Coast Sheraton hotel for dinner! So I thought Id just get in a quick post now before i left, because as the title of this post suggests, I actually have news!

Changes! Big time changes. I have made the decision, after prayer and much thought, that I am going to leave Civic Video Express. Civic was my first ever job, and i have been there for over 3 years now. I think though it is time for me to leave. reasoning?
* Every hour I work there (except for one) I lose money from my centrelink pay
* I used to work 34 hours a fortnight, now cut down to 9 and am unable to take any other shifts because of centrelink
* All the people who i knew from when I started there have left. its a totally changed atmosphere
* I am taking over coordinating our Sunday School's Lazer program (grade 6-9) this year as well as taking orchestra back up at uni = more time needed.
* Getting up at 5:30am aint fun! :P
* YOu can never get someone to cover your shift for you, even when it is urgent (see previous posts for more whinging :P)
* Having to work Christmas day every year i was there sucked. new years day this year also sucked.
* The working conditions arent the most enjoyable around, and i much prefer working at the daily planet


Thats a lot of reasons that i thought about. its sad. ill miss the place in a sadistic kind of way. It has helped make me who i am. a bridging thing between high school and Uni. *sigh* onwards and upwards!



The next big change is very geeky. My comic collecting. I have decided to cut back big time. I feel i am spending way too much money on them. this too is a painful decision because I love following the storylines and seeing what is happening to the characters i know and love. people may mock me, 'Oh you collect COMICS do you?' but they have no idea what its about. comics arent 'funny books' they are just as involved as novels in their plotlines character development and scenarios. Its interesting to see different writer/artist teams work on a comic to see what different direction theyll take characters in. sometimes ill hate the way theyve done a character (or group of characters, thank you very much Brian Michael Bendis. :P) sometimes ill love the take (you rox0r Kurt Busiek!). BUt themes in comics are a lot more mature than a lot of people realise. so dont knock it till youve actually tried it.
anyhoo.. digressing there. My changes. this is what I used to collect:

Green Lantern: Rebirth
Thor
Thor: Son of Asgard
Stormbreaker: The Saga of Beta Ray Bill
Avengers
Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes
Young Avengers
Exiles
Marvel Team-Up
Ultimate Secret
Ultimates 2
Ultimate Fantastic Four
Ultimate Spider-Man
Ultimate Nightmare
Ultimate X-Men
She-Hulk
Marvel: Secret War
Spider-Man: India
Space Ghost
Uncanny X-Men
Astonishing X-Men
New X-Men: Academy X
X-Men: Phoenix Endsong
X-Men: The End
Excalibur
New Thunderbolts
The Pulse

27 books all up. most came out monthly. (some were miniseries tho)
ive cut that back down to

Thor
Stormbreaker: The Saga of Beta Ray Bill
Avengers
Avengers:Earth's Mighties Heroes (3 issues left)
Young Avengers
Astonishing X-Men
Ultimate Spider-Man
Ultimates 2
Ultimate X-Men
Ultimate Fantastic Four
Ultimate Secret
Ultimate Nightmare (one issue left)
Exiles
Space Ghost (3 issues left)
Green Lantern Rebirth (2 issues left)

15 books all up. 4 of which will be ending very soon! that hurt a lot. :( oh well.. maybe ill thank myself in the future! :P

Change is the only constant! :) (well, aside from God!)

Till next we meet!
SAM



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?