<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, March 20, 2005

A lone Tumbleweed rolls across the desert landscape...


Wow! my blog is a neglecterino! Im sorry Blog! but i had to recover after someone hit me over the head locked me in a cupboard and took over my blog. I only escaped thanks to some Macguyver-esque ingenuity involving Duct Tape, Rubber bands and one large Armadillo. You do the math.

Anyhoo Im here now so lets get down to the posting! Tally ho and all that sort of thing

Things on my mind -

headphones - well, technically theyre on my head. so they dont count.

Hair - also on my head. for now! unlike my friend Aaron whose 3 year crop of curly black hair has now gone towards making a wig thanks to his contributions to shave for a cure.

Money - Im in the hole! damn that .com business! ^_^ no, just some recent purchases (not comic related i swear! some car business and some other stuff! Uni Fees etc.)

Music - I really should be trying harder. If my career is going to be music teaching :P Have an 8th Grade Piano exam this year (july hopefully) but my pieces arent up to scratch yet! argh.

Demons - ARGH GET THEM OUT. no, just thinking of writing up a devotion about demons in todays world. really interesting stuff! everyone should see the show 'John Safran VS God' he's a real smart alec and annoying as all hell, but the last episode is very thought provoking (he gets Exorcised).

Assignments - oh theyre there. lurking in the recesses of my mind! its all good! ive got a week plus a week of holidays! only 2 due the week back, its all good! procrastination rules once more!

Church Troubles - Sigh. Wish some people would build a bridge and get over it.

Girl Trouble - Not likely! Enjoying my singlehood with a vengeance. the only time i ever think about the possibility of relationships is when I am either the third or fifth wheel. but then i come back to reality, slap myself and realise how lucky I am!

OK, Ive been building up to it so its a big one! (you know its big because its in capital letters!)

DEFER - I am thinking very hard about my professional year next year. the 5th and final year of my degree in which most work is done out in schools actually teaching. but. i have also been thinking, what if i were to defer this for a year? work my butt off in the first half, and in the second half go travelling! There are so many places i want to visit and now is the best time of my life to go and experience things.
LIke my friend said, when you are young you can go places and see things that if you went when older, attached and possibly with kids, you couldnt. you would stay in cheap hostels or with friends and get to experience first hand overseas life.
My Dad actually supports the idea. which is quite unusual.
I have two choices. Defer next year then do professional year or do prof year next year then when ive graduated work part time and go travelling. then come back to work. I think the more likely option is to defer next year.
I have so many places i want to go. And i was thinking of the best way to do it. Apparently there are several different types of tickets, and the one im liking the best at the moment is a round the world 'one way' unlimited stopovers. which means that as long as you keep heading west from your start location you can zig zag to as many places as you want!

Places I want to visit!
New Zealand (Id get crucified if i didnt put this WONDERFUL country first! ^_^)
America
- San Diego (for the comic con)
- San Fransisco
- Los Angeles
- Washington
- New York
Canada (somewhere. i hear theyre nicer than yanks ^_^)
UK
Scotland (ARgh!)
Ireland (Blarney! A pint o Guinness in a trad Irish pub!)
All over Britain especially to historical sites eg Bath, Stone Henge etc.
Visit Grandma in Sussex, and Nicole in Manchester
Europe
- Germany! (take the Luther tour.. and the beer! :D but dont mention the war!)
- Finland (the motherland! might stay a while here!)
Egypt (walk like an Egyptian)
Italy (so much history/music culture)
Austria (I'll be back?)
Greece/Crete (soo much history)
Hungary (ZOLTAN! (kodaly!))
Japan - this will be another long stop! must try to assimilate some more language and heh heh. manga. and the lifestyle and see if i would like teaching here.


But yes! must go now! i hear the cries of an innocent in distress! HAH! AWAY!

SAM



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?