<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, April 11, 2005

He's Not the Messiah he's a very naughty boy!


Anyhoo! what a title to kick this post off! and guess what? it has absocompletely nothing at all to do with it other than while im writing this ive got "Monty Python's Life of Brian" going around in my head!

Boy am I tired. buggered. kaput. This last week was completely insane. And this is coming from me! I know insane!
So, lets summarise. In total last week, i approximate about 21.5 hours sleep from Monday-Now. Thats not a bad effort. now why did this happen?
Lets just say: two assignments, one on Wednesday and one on THursday, Three Assessments, two of which were on Thursday.

The first of many Star Wars Movie Nights at the Church Hall (my first go at organising something bigger) - We watched Episodes IV and V. next week, probably just VI, but may add in I as well ^_^ Then, after coming home from this, having to write out an entire Sunday School Lesson for Lazers (Grade6-10s) on the Martyrdom of Stephen from scratch, and of course...

SUPANOVA 2005! (www.supanova.com.au) The Convention was on this weekend and I had to work Friday-Saturday-Sunday And clean up Today! all up 27.5 hours work! It was great fun! Managed to make quite a large sale (my biggest ever ^_^ with some help from Josh, co-worker). Got a portrait of Thor done for me by Leinil Francis Yu! very nice indeed! (will add it to the one last year by David Finch). The costumes were back, featuring a very nice 'Black Cat' and very... er... chilly looking Cammy from Streetfighter and a Chun-li as well!

I really enjoy the conventions! And I was very proud of myself! I didnt spend ANY money this year! I got paid for being at the convention! how excellent! still cant believe my luck getting this job!

But yes! As a result I have been feeling really buggered lately, and I apologise to the people who I had to wait a day or so to reply to texts, and to the people whose emails i havent replied to. Im just really blah at the moment. effort required to write this post will probably be my last coherent thought patterns for tonight :P

Heh. just realised Ive worked more this week than ive slept. and thats just Daily Planet work. not to mention Uni work! :P Oh I love it.
But onto other stuff that I have been thinking about!

The Cookie Monster Crisis


We all know the lovable muppet with a yearning for cookies! he was a staple of my television viewing when I was young! I love Cookie monster, better even than Oscar the Grouch! but now.. in this age of childhood obesity have you HEARD what they're doing!!! Check this out!

Cookie "Health food" Monster?

Take it to the streets! let the cry ring out! A Healthy Cookie Monster? A cookie monster who sings "Cookies are a sometimes food"? WHAT THE?
What next? changing his name to "Carrot Monster?" I can see it now! Look o ut for new Sesame Street Regulars, "Healthy Harry the Apple-loving Herbivore?" "Joggy the exercise man?" "Mr Hooper's Low Fat Healthfood Emporium?"
ARAARRRRGH! RAGe! Strike them down I say! Im quite serious people!

What I wanna be when I grow up


you know, they say that on average these days people will change careers seven times during their working lives. Now, as my friends know, I change what I want to do for my career quite a lot. So I decided that as part of my Blogging I want to record all the changes I go through under the heading "what I want to be when i grow up"
Today, Im very seriously considering these:

Writer - Comic and Novel Writing. I get so carried away. I Roleplay on some of my warcraft fansites, and the stories I'm involved in.. the characters... I just love them. I know I cant draw, but in my mind I can see scenarios played out. epic battles to be fought. Intense character relationships. Development of characters and so on. I know that If I did this for a career that I would be successful

GMing for Blizzard - This isnt a career I realise, but its a job I would love to do. GM - Game Masters are employed by Blizzard (www.blizzard.com) to help out the general community in the World of Warcraft game. I have a love for the rich history of the Warcraft universe, and I have good communication skills (at least written ones!) and I would love this opportunity.

Buddy Christ Bobble


Here's the last one! And its a bit of a 'Moral Quandary' To Steal MMM's Idea. Ok, here it is. Dogma was a movie put out by Kevin Smith. it was the fourth in the five part (soon to be 6 part) series (Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, and next year, Clerks 2: Passion of the Clerks).
Now, in this movie, which poked fun at the Catholic church, (not that thats a good thing, but its a comedy! and very well done :) Ben Affleck and Matt Damon are Fallen Angels trying to get back to heaven...er..Alanis as God though? :^P)) And in it, the Catholic church was trying to revamp its' image for today's times, changing a lot of things, one of which was adding a 'Buddy Christ' Statue.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Anyhoo. The Store (Daily Planet) just got in some bobble heads. you know, the ones with the big heads with the spring that...er..bob?
One of them was the 'buddy Christ'
now, Im keen to get one. I think that it would look great in the car. I dont consider it sacreligious or anything because as well as being almighty and My Savior, Jesus is also my buddy. :)
Im just tossing it up. Ill probabably end up grabbing it tomorrow.

SAM



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?