<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

A Special Celebration


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BLOG
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BLOG
HAPPY BIRTH DAY DEAR BLOOOOOOGGGGGGYYY
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY BLOG!

Hip hip? HORRAY!
Hip Hop? Tally ho? and all that sort of thing!

Why yes, today my Blog is exactly one year old! this time last year on the 27th April 2004 I made my first effort at Procrastination by Blogging! And what a year its been! Or has it? well it hasnt really been that bad! At least now with my blog i can actually remember what I was doing this time a year ago! which brings me to the main part of this post.

It seemed that my blogging needs a little justification as well as clarification. So here as a special Birthday Post I present to you:

Why Do I Blog? PART 1



I Blog for three main reasons

1. To Archive my Activities
2. To Clarify my own thoughts
3. To Gain Feedback on some issues.

Lets me expand on these.

The purpose of this Blog first and foremost is to Archive my activities. I want to record what ive done, when and what I felt about it at the time. this may include actual activities, or even thoughts about things happening at that time. I want to be able to look back, ten or twenty years from now and be able to see what I was like then and compare it to what I am. The Same applies to the here and now as well.
Now, you might say i could have served this purpose by using another format. Like a Diary, or even writing up a protected Word Document on my Computer.
Diaries, i just dont like on principal. they can easily fall into the wrong hands, take much longer to write (than to type) and just have this stigma attatched to them. (only girls write diaries).
Word Document then? Nope. What happens if (read: When) my computer crashes and i havent backed this thing up? It erases possibly years of my recorded life.
The Blog saves me time and effort. everything is already wonderfully set out, I can type much faster than i write, and it is stored on the web where I can access it anytime.

My Mate Clayton said: "So your answer is post everything on the web where anyone can see it?" The answer to that is yes. Ideally I originally would have liked it to be seen by 'anonymous people' and people in no way connected to me. but I guess i was fooling myself. eventually I knew it would be discovered by someone I knew. But I see this now as a good thing. (more on this later)

Secondly, I clarify my thoughts here on this blog. sometimes life can get so jumbled that the easiest thing to do is record then review it, and think about things from an objective perspective (as if it was someone else i was reading about). It really does help a lot and I think ive made some better decisions and choices because of it. Ive also reflected back on past decisions that may have been good or bad so i can learn from them.

Finally, this Blog is a way for me to get feedback on my thoughts and my decisions. Originally (as above) planned for anonymous people to comment, but now inevitably people i know personally as well. It helps sometimes to get another person's perspective on things. I dont like actually talking about some stuff to anyone (except God). This is a way of keeping myself in check. It helps when people can pick up incorrect thought paths and when I start down a path that will be harmful for me. Getting other opinions - other ways to see things helps me develop my thinking and hopefully guides me from getting too far off the rails!


END PART 1 - Why Part 1? why not a huge post? good question, here's the answer. Im tired :P I need sleep! So Im going to bed now! I'll return to this subject soon! ^_^

SAM



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?