<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Don't stop thinkin about tomorrow...


Well, after the slight downward nature of the last post, I am happy to report that I am as normal as I ever am! And also back on the road that leads to angst! Its long, its windy, but there are free rest stops along the way that serve tea. Huzzah.

So yes. What to post about. Im just about to start up uni again for the next four weeks and have a crapload of work to do there. Boys Brigade Sunday School and Youth are going to restart next week so more work there. Youth is extra work because of the crap thats gone down in our church. Planning to do Amus before middle of next year, so need to get back into piano practicing. Prac is going to start up again for another seven weeks soon, Im back to the same place as before (Only this time teaching SOSE History). Don't forget though, about work at the comic store!
"Work Work Work" as those peons from Warcraft say. But hey. I could have it much worse! I could have a girlfriend in another country! oh.
oh yeh.

Well on that brightening note, let me throw out my other worry! Im also planning a trip overseas for a month at the end of the year to Greece/France/Egypt with Laura. I really sound ungrateful don't I! "geez this Sam has it tough! A Great job, Lots of Friends, Trip overseas, a girlfriend." So yeh, i do really thank God for my blessings. of which there are many!

But lately im just feeling drained all the time. I get moments where i feel i can take over the world (oh it WILL happen) and then moments when i realise just how far i yet have to go. (Im only on phase 3!!) Where i can see all my failings so clearly. (Its so hard to find good underlings these days!) Where i can see just how dangerous a path im heading out on. (look, i probably should have taken that left turn at Albequerque.)
In other words, Im letting my clost emo out. :P dont worry. hopefull I'll beat him (with a stick or something) and send him packing!

For anyone who's ever had a long distance relationship... how did it turn out? And Why do i feel like im letting myself be suckered in sometimes. Why do i feel like an idiot for doing this when I only went out with her for two months before she went overseas?

Sigh. Will Sam ever learn?
Probably! But there are always new lessons!
Ah well. I like learning anyway!

Did I say i was thinking of teaching for maybe 1-2 years in the UK starting Mid 2007? Well, thats looking like the plan at the moment :D so prayers it all goes smoothly and I can pass my course and actually get into teaching, not feeling inadequate as I did when the muso's gathered on Friday. I dont know what it is about them. Sometimes when im around those guys I just feel so...ill prepared... unskilled. I dont know!

Sigh. Welcome to humanity Sam! Live with it! ...or wipe them out. I know which option im leaning to! heh ^_^
Nah, Im being melodramatic I think! I am really lucky to have what I have when so many others cope with so little. I refuse to let myself slide into that sort of thinking (ie... almost the entirity of this blog). Self destructive crap! and so egocentric!
Needed to vent somewhere sorry! next post wont make nearly so much sense! :D
Hope anyone who reads this is having a great day!

Take care!

SAM



Comments:
No, you were right last entry. Lasers are way cooler than girlfriends. I have a friend undertaking a long distance relationship right now and it seems to be difficult but working, They're still together and it has been more than 12 months since he last saw her.

Beer next week. Red room at some stage. We will renact "The Kentucky Derby is Decadent and Depraved" by Hunter S. Thompson.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?